Join us, Grow with us...
Quantum has established long-term professional service contracts with its customers that have been earned through years of superior service delivery.
Quantum, together with its subsidiary company, Q-IT, LLC (q-itsolutions.com), have created a unique and powerful environment for implementing solutions that provide measurable improvements in the overall delivery of professional radiology services. This is our number one guiding principle.
Join our team working together to maximize the positive impact radiology can make in healthcare.
Please send resume or CV, salary requirements and Letters of Interest to Tara Evans, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently seeking candidates for opportunities in:
Patient Scheduler – Camp Hill / Harrisburg, PA
Quantum Imaging is looking to add to our Interventional Radiology support team as a Patient Scheduler!
Applicants must be willing to work onsite in Camp Hill/Harrisburg, PA area.
Patient scheduler must schedule office based and hospital appointments consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. Also requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public.
This position must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
Job duties include:
- Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling code.
- Schedules diagnostic and imaging tests to be completed.
- Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, tests and imaging ensuring available time is utilized to maximum efficiency.
- Communicates with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care serves
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment is consistent with the diagnosis/indications indicated by the provider
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Completes pre-procedure phone calls and confirms appointment times with patients via telephone.
- Assists other members of the department as needed.
- High school diploma/GED and/or relative years of experience
- Excellent time management skills preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills, written & verbal.
- Self direction, ability to be logical, and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Advanced computer abilities in Microsoft programs to include spreadsheets
RESUMES & COVER LETTERS CAN BE SENT TO TEVANS@QITA.COM